Nikki's Portraits of Childhood
P.O. Box 35020
Regina SK S4X 4C6
Summary of 1995 - present
Nikki’s Portraits of Childhood Regina SK Artist / Sole Proprietor
- Was invited to instruct for the Art Gallery of Regina in 2015 and will once again instruct there in 2016.
- Was a jury member for the 2015 / 2016 CARFAC Mentorship Program
- Was juried into the 2013 / 2014 CARFAC Mentorship Program with Iris Hauser
- Received Guest Artist in Residence position in Cypress Hills, SK in the summer of 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- Instructed at and organized the May 2013 Impressions of Paris and Gascony painting holiday and will be once again in June 2015
- Presented at CARFAC Regina’s symposium on “Commissions and Contracts” as one of four panelists (2011)
- Designed, marketed and instructed the following courses offered through my company: Drawing with Texture, Drawing 2, Beginning Watercolour, Watercolour 2, Outdoor Watercolour, The Acrylic Garden Tour and The Café Sketchbook Tour (2010 to present)
- Taught as an approved Art Instructor representing Grumbacher Acrylics www.grumbacherart.com in Regina (Sept. 2010 to present )
- Participated as an exhibitor in the Regina Home and Garden Show (19 years); The Canadian Western Agribition (4 years); Bazzart 3 years, The Woman’s Show in Calgary, Our Best to You (Regina 4 years), The Artists‘ Window at the Calgary Stampede and various others
- Produced and marketed 21 separate limited editions, 2 are now sold out and several others are within 2 - 5 copies of being sold out
- CARFAC,Canadian Artists Representation/Le Front Des Artistes Canadiens (currently a member)
- Art Gallery Of Regina, (currently a member)
- The Regina North Artists' Guild (Now The Heartland Guild) (President 2 yrs, Past president 2 yrs, Communications Rep. 1 YR)
References Available upon request:
- SGI Corporate Collection: “Dandelions and Pretty Weeds II” graphite & “Old City Hall Detail” watercolour & graphite
- 2000 Painted 10’ x 40’ acrylic mural for Dr. Hanna School “Hanna Tigers"
- 1994 City of Regina purchases work for presentation to visiting dignitary
- 1994 Received Honourable Mention at Artdex International
- 1992 First in category (Buildings and Cityscapes) Saskart
- 1991 Saskart Competition; received three awards for my submission to the portrait category entitled “Dreams” a watercolour & graphite 14” x 18” image, copyright 1991 (received first in Category, People’s Choice Award, and Provincial Reserve Grand Champion in the Provincial Showcase of Champions)
Interviews & Media:
- Fall 2014; Prairies North Magazine; "A Perfect Match" by Miriam Korner
- Sept./ Oct. 2014; CARFAC Sask. Newsletter; "Mentors Reflect on Goals and Program"
- Sept. 2003; Regina Sun, “Working For a Dream”
- May 2001; CBC News, Canada Now; interviewer Marilyn Maki
- May 2001; CTV, News at Noon with Tom Brown
- April 1994; STV, The Arts Reel, featuring my solo show “Arabesque Architecture”
- April 1991; The Seen Magazine, interviewer , Monica Wallace
- May 2015 group show "All Beings Confluence" at the Sherwood Gallery in Regina
- Sept. 2014 Sask Culture Days group show with 2013/14 artists of the CARFAC Mentorship Progr.
- Aug., Sept. 2014 group show "All Beings Confluence" at the Elsie Scherle Art Gallery
- Oct. 2013 - Jan. 2014 group show "In Fool Bloom" at Government House, Regina
- May 2011 group show “Bouquet” at the University of Regina Club
- Jan. 2008 & Feb. 2002 solo shows at the John Paul II Centre, Regina
- 1999 solo show at the Assiniboia Art Gallery of Regina and Saskatoon
- March 1996 solo show and slide talk at The Performers Gallery, Regina
- April 1994 solo show at the Joe Moran Art Gallery; Regina
- May 1991 joint show with Carol Asmundson at Framemasters, Regina
- Nov. 1990 solo show at the Gallery on the Roof; Regina Summer
- 1989 group show “Five Regina Artists” at The Dunlop Branch Galleries; Regina (under the name of N.Sacchetti)
Artist’s Statement: "I have painted many subjects, but am always drawn back to
children and depicting their enthusiasm for life. The honesty and immediacy of children make them excellent subjects. Children are drawn into the experience of their surroundings. They focus on ‘now’ and 'the fullness of now'. As adults we tend to miss this as we look into the past or rush through to the future."